ASUS just announced its 2019 Zenfone flagship in Valencia, Spain. The new Zenfone 6 keeps the necessary, ditches some of the new gen luxuries and brings a few perks of its own. Although you would think that it’ll be targeted to be a competitor of the OnePlus 7 Pro but, it actually kinda competes the regular OnePlus 7.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inch IPS, 2340×1080 (19.5:9), supports 100% DCI-P3 & HDR10
- SOC: 7nm, Snapdragon 855
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- ROM: 64GB, 128GB (with 6GB RAM) & 256GB (with 8GB RAM), UFS 2.1
- Camera(s): Front & Rear Flip Camera, 48MP IMX586, f-1.79 + 13MP Ultrawide
- Cellular: Dual 4G with Snapdragon X24, 2 Gbps modem, Dual VoLTE
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2, 2.4GHz+5GHz
- Bluetooth: v5.0 with Qualcomm aptX & aptX HD support
- Battery: 5000 mAh with QC 4
- Audio: Dual Stereo speakers, 3.5mm Headphone Jack with DTS X & Hi-res Audio support
- OS: Android 9 Pie with ZenUI 6
Okay so, all of these specs are flagship territory. But, it does give up on a few modern trends. There is no Under-display Fingerprint Scanner, no Wireless Charging, and no Water & Dust Resistance. Although, we need to keep in mind that, this is a budget flagship. So, they must have done some cost-cutting to reach this price segment.
The main attraction though is the Flip Camera that is controlled by software & it can flip up to 180 Degrees. But, you can set the camera at any angle in between using a dedicated feature in the camera application. ASUS has also introduced a Super Night Mode that kinda replicates the Night Sight of Pixel phones. But, the slow-motion capabilities are still kept at 240 fps at 1080P so, no 960 fps as of now.
There is a massive 5000 mAh Battery with support for Quick Charge 4 but, the supplied charger is an 18W unit so, we’re not sure if it’ll support a higher wattage QC 4 charger or not. There is also support for Hi-res Audio & DTS X so, they’ll include a Hi-res supported headphone in the box. The stereo speakers from last year’s Zenfone 5Z are still here & they’re supposed to be improved as well.
Also, Read: LG G9 ThinQ
ASUS announced Zenfone 6 at the exact same price as last year. So, it still starts at 499 Dollars in the US & 499 Euros in Europe. The device should launch soon in India as well. If they manage to keep the prices the same as last year in India, it can give the OnePlus 7 a real run for the money. However, keeping in mind that the Redmi K20 & POCO F2 will be coming in the upcoming months, they may want to cut down the prices by a couple of thousand rupees.